RACE DAY INFORMATION | WEATHER UPDATE
We are sure most of you are aware that the current weather forecast for race day includes various predictions. Some of the forecasts would have no impact on the race, others are forecasting rain, thunderstorms and lightning before, during or sometime after the race. The most recent forecasts look better.
We cannot control the weather, but we have various options and plans to address safety and proceeding with the event. We feel it is important to keep our runners and our residents informed of the plans and options. Please see below for our plans and options.
Option 1 - The race will proceed on time as planned if there is no severe weather, thunderstorms or lighting present or imminent. Cold, light / moderate rain, wind, etc. do not impact the start of the race.
Option 2 - If there is threatening weather present or imminent, such as t-storms, lightning, or very heavy rain, etc., as we are nearing the race start time, we will delay the start of the event in hopes of the weather passing through. We can delay for about 20 - 30 minutes without impacting the race, pending LEMA approval. Longer delays will require us to make adjustments.
If we are delayed by more than 20 - 30 minutes, we will adjust and possibly modify the event, with the primary option switching all runners into the 5K and start it later, pending the weather. We can start the 5K up to 9:00 AM.
Any delays beyond 9:00 AM limit our options because of various factors. We will do everything we can to ensure the event proceeds, even if it is a modified event, as long as we can do it safely and within the permitted time limits and available volunteer / LEMA / Police resources.
Prior to the race, if threatening weather arrives, we will advise runners to go inside at Village Hall, or return to their cars or the Front Street Lofts parking garage to wait out the weather and for announcements.
Let's hope for good weather, but if the weather throws us an additional challenge, we are prepared to deal with it as best we can.